To continue building a strong local economy for our members and community, in 2011 the Economic Development Committee will:
- Produce the 25th annual Economic Outlook Lunch ~ This event focuses on the forecast for the near future for the nation, the state and the region, as well as bringing speakers to address opportunities that the community should consider.
- Continue to encourage shopping local in various ways, marketing efforts, and programs.
- Create the PendletonBusiness.com website with partners, to showcase Pendleton as a desirable location for businesses and to make it known that 'Pendleton is open for business'.
- Explore the possibilities and advantages of implementing an 'Economic Gardening' program
- Find partners and funding to create the position of Pendleton Area Event Planner