The Pendleton School District
The Pendleton School District serves students in eight schools – 5 elementary schools (grades K-5), Sunridge Middle School (grades 6-8), Pendleton High School (grades 9-12) and Hawthorne Alternative High School. The PSD has distinct advantages not always found in districts of a similar size... excellent achievement scores, award-winning music, theater and sports programs, and excellent character building extracurricular clubs, organizations and activities.
Blue Mountain Community College (BMCC)
Blue Mountain Community College opened its doors more than 40 years ago, and today serves approximately 1000 full-time students and an additional 4500 part-time students per quarter. BMCC offer traditional academic core classes as well as a variety of certificate training programs, adult education programs and online courses. BMCC also offers transfer degrees to 4-year universities and operates a Small Business Development Center, Farm Business Management program, a Customized Training division for business and industry and Skill Center. The Small Business Development Center is also headquartered on campus.
Other school and education options are also available...
- Pendleton is home to the InterMountain Education Service District which supports schools and districts all over Eastern Oregon.
- Nixyaawii Community School – a charter school whose curriculum focuses on Native American culture while using the Oregon State Standards as a guideline for curriculum development.
- Meadowood Springs Speech Camp – a nationally known speech therapy camp.
- Opportunities for equine therapy, and a children's rodeo, for special needs children
- 2 private schools, as well as several nursery/pre-school choices